4 ribs celery
6 cloves garlic
oregano, thyme, and sage
1 tube fake beef
1 tube fake sausage
6-8 large white potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1 cup shredded cheddar
milk optional for the potatoes
Preheat oven to 400
1. In a large saucepot or dutch oven put the potatoes and water until they are just covered. Put over high heat on the back burner
2. In a large skillet or fry pan heat some canola or grapeseed oil and start frying small chunks of the fake meat, turning so all sides get browned
3. Peel and dice the carrots, celery, and onion. Sautee over medium heat.
4. While they are sauteeing, peel and mince the garlic
5. When the base is soft, add the garlic, oregano, thyme and sage, sautee for 2 minutes
6. Mix in the browned fake meats, stir it up, spread evenly into the bottom of a 9x13 baking pan
7. When the potatoes are done, drain and take the skins off if you wish
8. Add the sour cream and water or milk if they are hard to mash and mash with immersion blender, hand mixer, or hand masher.
9. Spread the potatoes evenly over the base layer, top with the cheddar and foil. Bake for 30 minutes, but take the foil off for the last 10.