olive or vegatable oil for sauteeing
8 cloves of garlic
1-2 butternut squashes, you can buy these peeled and cut in chunks
"better than bullion" brand veggie base or veggie bullion
water or veg stock if you have it(if so don't use bullion)
franks red hot
1. Peel and chop the onions and carrots into big chunks
2. Heat the oil in a dutch oven or small stock pot
3. Add the carrots and onions, sautee them while stirring on high heat till they start to caramalize, almost burning. There should be a little char on the veggies. While they are going peel and chop the garlic.
4 Add the garlic. Add the cumin, garam masala, and curry to taste. Stir them in and let them cook for a minute.
5. Add a big spoonful of the better than bullion and stir it around just till it's mixed. If you are using the bullion wait and add it with the water.
6. Add the chunks of squash, fill until just covered with water or stock if you have it. Add a shot of Franks Red hot
7. Bring it to a boil then turn it down to a simmer, let it go for about 30 mins or until the squash is soft
8. Blend into a puree with an immersion blender
If you want to use whole squash, cut it in half lengthwise, scoop the seeds, and roast it at 400 for a half hour. After it cools, scoop the meat out and add it with the water and blend right away.