Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Belated Christmas

This year I had zero budget for Christmas decorations but I still really wanted to celebrate the season with Gabriel. Here are a few of the ways we made our home merry:








The tree was a hand-me-down that one of my brother's roommates left behind when she moved out. I did have some ornaments from previous years which I augmented with Chinese lanterns and small doo-dads I had around the house. It was a triumph of kitch.


I wrapped presents in Gabriel's art. I expect this to do this for years to come.



I hung a star on a skeleton's foot.




Gabe and I made some snowflakes out of some of his artwork, then strung them in the window on twine with some clothespins.



I filled up a bowl with ornaments for a centerpiece.



I filled up a basket with some pine needles and wrapped a fancy ribbon around it.


My creche was a hand-me-down from my parents.


The garland is a chain made with red and green fabrics. We had a lot of fun decorating and Gabe was sad to take it down. Next year I plan to be more prepared and do a few wreaths or kissing balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment